Do you want to create beautiful business software? Are you someone who thrives on working across a variety of projects and products within a diverse team? Are you detail oriented, wanting to get a design just right down to the last pixel? Do you want to contribute to a low carbon future?
At Guru Systems you can be part of a world class team developing technology that is radically reducing carbon emissions and making energy systems more transparent and lower cost for society.
We deliver market-leading hardware and data analytics across heat networks, improving performance for developers, heat suppliers, customers and our planet. Delivering low-carbon heat is one of the biggest challenges in the transition to a net-zero emissions future.
Our technology helps to accelerate this transition by using AI-driven analytics to improve efficiency and change the future of heat for the better.
Working closely with our CTO, your mission is to take responsibility for the front-end development of Guru’s online software platforms, delivering on our product vision and practical user interface experience to our staff and customers alike. In short, you will create a world class platform that people love and want to use.
- Hands on development of front-end web applications for Guru’s systems.
- Ensure UI deliverables are delivered to a high-quality standard.
- Take the lead on selection of the UI framework for the front end.
- Help decide when to switch, when to migrate and when to stick with existing UIframework versions.
- Develop quick tools for internal use to wrap a UI around APIs provided by the backend.
- Estimate effort required for pieces of work.
- Ensure our front end is compatible with an agreed set of devices.
- Provide feedback to Product on which devices & form-factors should be supported.
The ideal candidate:
You’ll have a solid track record of taking ownership of the delivery of front ends, working closely with backend engineers, product and operations teams to ensure we maintain delivery velocity and ship high quality products. Naturally inquisitive, you’ll be comfortable recommending and implementing relevant tools and new processes.
Confident and self-motivated, comfortable within an SME, you’ll have an excellent interpersonal style, able to operate effectively as part of a dynamic team. You’ll feel comfortable speaking to clients at all levels of seniority.
Providing links to a portfolio of previous web applications you have developed will enhance your application.
Salary, benefits and other information:
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, this is a full-time permanent role with 25
days’ holiday each year.
Normal working hours are 9.00am to 5:30pm.
The salary is competitive, and Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions.
- Expertise in Vue.js, or be an expert in a similar technology such as React.
- An understanding of how to automate testing of UI deliverables to ensure product quality
- Willing to learn new technologies as required.
- Experience developing HTML5/CSS applications that are used by external customers, either in a B2B or B2C setting.
- An eye for visual design, although this role is supported by a dedicated UX and visual design function.
- Strong empathy and the capacity to react calmly and efficiently, even when others are stressed.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English.
- Android / iOS Front-end development.
- Golang experience.
- Enough understanding of microservices and backend development to have meaningful discussions about it.
A bit more about Guru:
We’re proud of our award-winning team and products, we maintain high standards, certified to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus.
Why you should join us
At Guru Systems you can be part of a team developing technology that is radically reducing carbon emissions and making energy systems more transparent and lower cost for society.
Have a measurable impact on the decarbonisation of heat for the benefit of the environment, society and the long-term future of our planet.
Create and deliver a range of intelligent solutions to improve the energy efficiency and financial performance of heat networks, from IoT devices to data analytics and machine learning.
Join a supportive working environment where your opinion is valued, dedication and continuous development are rewarded, new skills can be mastered and people are proud of their work.
While Guru’s people are highly effective, we are also open-minded, curious and willing to own and learn from our mistakes. We prefer team players to lone heroes.
We care deeply about our clients and other stakeholders, because we know we can only fulfil our mission if they are delighted with our output.