Globechain is looking for a UX / UI designer, preferably with B2B marketplace / SaaS / e-commerce experience, interested in driving international expansion, while creating positive social impact.
We are a multi award winning reuse marketplace that connects corporate companies to charities and small businesses to redistribute unneeded items, which creates valuable social impact data (ESG data). We focus on retail, office, construction and medical sectors and operate globally, with the initial markets being in UK, Spain and US. We have won many awards, including Forbes start-up to watch in 2019. Our objective is to become the largest reuse marketplace globally and we are growing our team to achieve this.
To reduce global waste and generate social impact. Our purpose is commercial with a conscience and while we pride ourselves on making a social impact, we are equally focused on revenue generation and building a significant, world-class company. Globechain’s clients include H&M, B&Q, Radisson Hotels, NHS, Invesco Perpetual, M&S, Simba etc. To date, we are proud to have saved charities over £2 million and diverted over 5,000 tonnes of waste from landfill. This is just the start of our exciting journey.
We are looking for a UX/UI designer that is comfortable in a fast paced and evolving environment, love solving problems, thrive in a startup culture, and above all be passionate about sustainability and social impact.
You have worked in a fast-paced B2B marketplace or SaaS environment and understand the importance of being agile and adaptable to changing needs and requirements. You are an excellent communicator and can seamlessly switch hats from sales mode to engineering mode.
As the UX /UI we expect you to be able to bring the marketplace to life, generate ideas and get involved with the team in bringing ideas and feedback to life in an agile environment. We are scaling up so expect the UX/UI to reflect this fast change and be at the forefront of new techniques. We expect a fearless approach to pushing boundaries and challenging the status quo.
You will have had experience working with corporate B2B clients and understand the difference between consumer models and B2B from a user experience and user journey.
We expect a deep understanding of the customer, both our corporate partners on the supply side and demand channels. You’ll learn about the customer journey, identify the most important problems that we could solve for them and develop a product vision that encourages widespread adoption of our platform, maximising the impact Globechain can have.
Some of your responsibilities
- Create compelling experiences and interactions for both our corporate clients and the demand side
- Visualise front-end prototype concepts to varying levels of fidelity to demonstrate and test ideas
- Hands on delivery of concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, and prototypes with Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools
- Conduct user research and provide recommendations in both written and visual format. Communicate the product’s vision and articulate design decisions and trade-offs to stakeholders both verbally and visually
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including the CEO, engineering, marketing and business development and set expectations and estimate time and delivery of UX/UI components with an agile mindset
- Partner with engineering to ensure designs are properly implemented and work with marketing to develop brand guidelines, online advertising, and websites.
- Document pattern libraries and style guide
- Balance customer frictions and needs with the company’s business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility
Requirements (Skills and Experience)
- 2+ years of experience in designing UX and UI for both desktop and mobile applications
- Outstanding portfolio of prior work that demonstrates strong user-centered as well as visual design capabilities across a range of different projects
- Deep knowledge of visual design theory (e.g., typography, colour theory, composition, iconography, etc.) and excellent analog visual communication skills (e.g., sketching)
- Advanced prototyping skills with Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks), inVision and Sketch
- Entrepreneurial interest and business sense especially in an e-commerce, marketplace or SAAS undertaking
- Expert understanding of information architecture, workflows, concept development and interaction design
- Experience in translating user research and usability test findings into iterative product solutions
- Experience working in agile and lean environments
- Opportunity for personal and professional development in a fast-growing, well-funded (Kindred are our VCs) and revenue generating startup
- Free coffee and tea :-) (Most important!)
No recruiters, outsourcing companies or contractors please