Based in: London
Reports to: VP of Product Development
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full time/ Perm
Genesis is a global software company with a pioneering vision, technical innovation, and team that is changing IT delivery. Permanently. We’ve just completed our Series B funding round, backed by GV (formerly Google Ventures), Salesforce Ventures, Citi, Illuminate Financial and Tribeca Early Stage Partners and due to growth, we’re recruiting now for Senior Full-Stack Developers. Interested? Read on to find out more.
What are we looking for
Join the team that’s revolutionizing application development in finance.
The genesis Low Code Platform brings together the best of high performance back-end and web technologies to deliver 80% reductions in time to market for development teams today. As part of the application team, you will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining applications and solutions using the Genesis Platform
How you’ll play your part
- Design, implementation, test and maintenance of products built using the genesis frameworks
- Work closely with application developers, UI/UX developers and core engineers in an iterative process
- Have a good knowledge of our business, services and our customers’ needs
- Deliver software releases on time and with the expected capabilities and quality
- Be involved in the full life cycle of software development
- Have ownership in delivering and maintaining genesis application
The experience you’ll bring - Technical
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of front end development
- Proven industry experience following strong Agile Software Development practices (VCS, CI, CD, QA, etc)
- Java development (8+)
- Knowledge of some of the following languages/technologies is beneficial (but not essential):
- CSS / SaSS
- NoSQL databases systems (MongoDB, Aerospike, etc.)
- Relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL, Postgres)
The experience you’ll bring - Competencies
- Very strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical persons
- Must continually strive to acquire new skills in relevant technology and business
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to set own goals based on shifting priorities
- Ability to maintain confidence and composure in stressful situations
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership
What a role with Genesis offers
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Plan
- Company Bonus Plan
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Think you can help us change the FinTech industry? Apply now and we’ll be in touch once we’ve reviewed your CV.
Genesis – Code Less, Do More
We are technology pioneers with a clear purpose of being the Low-Code Application Platform (LCAP) for financial markets - changing IT delivery across the entire industry. We work faster, harder and smarter than the competition so that we can solve some of the biggest and most complex challenges to deliver innovation and digital transformation.
We value every one of our employees and everyone in the company makes a difference. The diversity of our people makes us who we are and we work hard to make everyone feel included, no matter your background. Come join and be part of the Genesis family of pioneers and lets Code Less and Do More!