Based in: London
Reports to: VP of Core Engineering
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
Genesis is a global software company with a pioneering vision, technical innovation, and team that is changing IT delivery. Permanently. We’ve just completed our Series B funding round, backed by GV (formerly Google Ventures), Salesforce Ventures, Citi, Illuminate Financial and Tribeca Early Stage Partners and due to growth, we’re recruiting now for a Scrum Master Interested? Read on to find out more.
What are we looking for
A Scrum Master to coordinate multiple software development workstreams. You should have excellent knowledge of the scrum framework, with all its artifacts and techniques. You will also need the ability to coordinate people and projects while keeping delivery focussed. If you’re a strong communicator, a capable leader and you’re passionate about Agile techniques, we’d love to have a conversation with you!
How you’ll play your part
As Scrum master your duties will include managing timelines, resolving problems and coaching team members on Agile methodologies.
- Manage each project’s scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Be the point of contact for external communications (e.g. from customers or stakeholders)
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
The experience you’ll bring
- Experience in a scrum master role
- Experience co-ordinating multiple software development teams
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques, artifacts and ceremonies (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
- Scrum master certification is a plus
What a role with Genesis offers
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Plan
- Company Bonus Plan
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Think you can help us change the FinTech industry? Apply now and we’ll be in touch once we’ve reviewed your CV.
Apply URL -
We are only accepting applications from candidates directly. Given application volumes, we do not require approaches or CV’s from recruitment agencies.
Genesis – Code Less, Do More
We are technology pioneers with a clear purpose of being the Low-Code Application Platform (LCAP) for financial markets - changing IT delivery across the entire industry. We work faster, harder and smarter than the competition so that we can solve some of the biggest and most complex challenges to deliver innovation and digital transformation.
We value every one of our employees and everyone in the company makes a difference. The diversity of our people makes us who we are and we work hard to make everyone feel included, no matter your background. Come join and be part of the Genesis family of pioneers and lets Code Less and Do More!