Generation Home is a Series A London-based mortgage lender on a mission to make homeownership accessible, simple and fair for first-time buyers.
The status quo for owning a home doesn't work for most people. They miss out on homeownership because they're locked out of the system by rigid lenders and brokers. But it doesn't have to be this way. We're building a lender that focuses on two things; opening the door so more people can buy a home and creating a meaningfully better mortgage experience. Our engineers play a vital role in this process.
The focus of our (cross-functional, agile) engineering teams is to solve our biggest customer problems by helping decide how (and why) we build our products and how these products will impact customer lives.
How can you help?
Software Engineers at Generation Home are constantly looking at ways to improve our customers' mortgage experience in the following ways:
- Product development: Our software engineers work on the end to end delivery process of our products. This approach includes identifying opportunities to help get our customers into homes, building solutions, rollout, learning from our progress and iterating.
- Working cross-functionally: We work in teams of four software engineers, a product manager, a designer and occasional ops and commercial team members. You will work closely with our mortgage advisors, customer champions, underwriters and other teams to understand customer pain points and create solutions.
- Full-stack development: We work across the stack in many capacities. You could be working on web development, integrating partner solutions, customer application flows, backend accounting systems, tools for our operational teams, building APIs and much more.
We look for mid and senior software engineers with good programming skills that:
- Care deeply about customers: we measure our success by how many people we bring into homes. If you're excited about solving customer problems, then do let us know!
- Are great to get along with: some people want to get ahead, others want to get along, but we understand that we need to get along to get ahead. If you're a team player, then we'd love to hear from you.
- Are open to different technologies and tasks: Our engineering team is open to diverse coding backgrounds if you're willing to play with Ruby on Rails, React and TypeScript in a full-stack capacity. Knowledge of building end to end systems would be a plus.
- a competitive salary (£60,000-£110,000 depending on level of seniority)
- meaningful stock options
- 25 days of vacation (excluding bank holidays)
- WFH 3-4 days a week
- £1000 annual training budget
Please let us know you’re interested in this role by hitting the apply button!