GEEIQ is a data platform which focuses specifically on the gaming, esports, Metaverse and NFT space.
We provide the world's leading brands with the insights necessary to launch successful marketing campaigns within the gaming, esports, and metaverse sectors.
Our clients operate in multiple and varied industries, from the luxury and beauty industries to tech and consumer goods and agency services. Some of our clients include Mercedes, Gucci, Tommy Hilfiger, and L'Oreal to name a few. We work directly with clients to provide an ongoing, fully tailored strategy formulation and execution service.
About the role… As a Backend Engineer at GEEIQ, you will build and maintain scalable web applications and services; monitor, test, and continuously optimise our systems; and deliver testable, maintainable, and high-quality code. You'll work closely with our CTO to evolve and enhance our engineering practices, and have a focus on our build-test-release cycle to ensure seamless continuous delivery of new product features.
As the lead backend engineer, you will play a critical role in leading and showing the team the best practices, ways to improve processes, and providing support across other backend engineers. You will contribute in meaningful ways to the long-term vision of our product, scalability, and stability. ** You will spend your time…**
- Contribute to defining new core designs (internal APIs, framework architecture…). • Develop and release new features to the users.• Find solutions to solve users' issues. • Make platform more stable and robust by writing effective code and testing it.• Collaborate with Front-end Developers and Product Managers in all phases of product development.
What you’ll need to be successful?
- Commercial experience as a backend developer
- Ability to write clear, readable code;
- Ability to create reusable solutions to fulfil a brief and support future changes;
- Good working knowledge of OOP design patterns;
- Experience implementing code using SOLID principles and achieving these in a Node/TS ecosystem;
- Experience designing REST APIs and knowledge of REST principles;
- You value collaboration and are at your best when you’re part of a team
- Have built projects from the ground up and have the ability to structure projects using best practices.
- Experience with full SaaS lifecycle from conception to operation
- Possess great communication skills.
- You have technical (team) lead experience, including developing, coaching, and mentoring colleagues within a start-up organisation