At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge DevOps solution for the millions of developers building applications on Salesforce. In only three years Gearset has become the DevOps solution of choice for some of the world’s biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves.
As a Software Engineer at Gearset you'll join a passionate and experienced cross-functional development team with a laser focus on quality - from infrastructure, to code, to user experience. The features you build will make thousands of businesses around the world more effective.
Who are we?
We're a team of smart, pragmatic people who enjoy giving our best every day to solve our users' problems. We recently received three awards from Best Companies in 2021, putting us in the top 10 best mid-sized companies to work for, the top three best technology companies in the UK, and top 5 best companies in the East of England.
We’re proud of what we’ve built and how we’ve built it. We work as a team, where attributes of trust, openness and honesty are key, as they allow us to have a feedback-driven culture that keeps us always improving. To learn more about what “good” looks like to us, read about our engineering values here.
You'll be a good fit if you:
- Have a few years’ experience working as a software engineer at a commercial company
- Can write code and solve complex problems.
- Write well-structured, testable code, with a focus on simplicity and maintainability
- Care about quality, not only of the code you write, but of the product you're building
- Are comfortable with both frontend and backend development
- Enjoy working with a collaborative team of varied disciplines, including software developers, designers, marketers and salespeople
- Have an enthusiasm for working directly with users to build and deliver the right features
- Are a skilled software developer and have an innate desire to learn and improve
Working at Gearset, you will:
- Maintain and extend existing features, and collaborate with the rest of the development team to spec, design and build new features end-to-end
- Learn from, and share your experience with, a great team - alumni of Microsoft, EA and Cambridge University to name a few
- Become familiar with a pragmatically-chosen tech stack, including a mix of cutting-edge and proven technologies such as Docker, AWS, C#, and TeamCity
- Work closely with users, delighting them with support, researching new features and soliciting feedback
- Contribute opinions on a range of topics, from development practices to product strategy and roadmap
Nice to haves:
- Experience working on a hosted product
- Experience working in an agile development team, following software engineering best practices
Salary and Benefits:
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in our Cambridge office, with the option of flexible home working
- Salary is £45k - £70k, depending on experience
- Bupa health care
- Life Insurance & Critical Illness cover
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunch in the office
- Discounted gym membership, as well as many other wellness benefits
Gearset is an A-rated sponsor for the UK Skilled Worker Visa programme, and will happily offer visa sponsorship for the right candidate for this role.