Do you love data visualization and interactive content? Are you a team player who likes solving problems? Do you want to join one of London’s most exciting tech start-ups and be part of a talented and friendly team?
Flourish is empowering the world to visualize and tell stories with data. It enables anyone to create beautiful graphics, presentations and interactive stories without coding. Since our launch in 2018, more than 500,000 registered users have produced more than 5 million graphics, which have racked up more than ten billion views.
Our customers include leading newsrooms (such as BBC and FT), major corporates (such as Goldman Sachs, EY and Moody’s), NGOs (Amnesty, Rockefeller) plus universities all over the world.
We are seeking an agile delivery manager to help coordinate our busy software development process.
You will play a key role in coordinating all aspects of our work, from product development and UX research to customer needs. An experienced and extremely organised project manager, you will keep our product development sprint process organised, efficient and well communicated internally to the whole company.
- Help run the sprint process, organising tasks and keeping Trello up to date
- Make sure everyone knows what they should be doing, and has the resources they need to do it
- Keep track of ongoing development projects, and progress
- Help triage and prioritise urgent customer requests
- Communicate development and project status to the wider team
- For each project, clearly define a goal and plan/deadline, and keep things on track
- At least two years’ experience in a busy startup environment
- At least two years’ experience working on agile software development projects
- Great spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent multitasker with good attention to detail
- Energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Persuasive and tactful in dealing with project teams
Our company: Flourish is a small team combining decades of collective experience in development, data, design, visualization and journalism/publishing. We grew out of the award-winning agency Kiln. Read more about the team.
Our way of working: We’re a friendly and supportive group that values kindness, honesty and fun. We’re open and try new things with enthusiasm. And we’re high-momentum, focused on delivering magical products that our users love.
Our location: We’re currently working entirely remotely, and you would too. But we intend to get a London office again once the Covid situation has settled down, so you might be expected to come in person after that.
- Salary of £40–60k depending on skill and experience
- Friendly company culture and respect for work/life balance (not “startup hours”)
- Lots of potential for career progression
- 30 days’ annual holiday
Send a CV and covering note to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Services Intern”. Got questions about the job? Feel free to email us for a chat.
We’re committed to equality and diversity in the tech industry, so we’ll be especially happy to see applications from under-represented backgrounds.
Sorry, but we won’t be able to sponsor visas for this role: please do not apply if you do not already have the right to work in the UK. We are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies for this role.
Please spread the word instead! And keep an eye out for our other vacancies.