As automation, AI, and new job models reconfigure the business world, lifelong learning has become an economic imperative. The materials to provide that learning already exist. Our mission is to address the global skills by matching the best of that content with the people that need them. We use proprietary algorithms and human expertise to do that. For the end-users of our product, magpie, it means a feed of high-quality, relevant, impactful learning to make you better at your job and more confident doing it. For companies, we solve many kinds of problems by enhancing the capability of the workforce, including these nine.
Try magpie, look at our product roadmap[link tbc], read what we think.
We’re an open, supportive organisation where we respect individuality and help each of our team to tackle and enjoy complex challenges. We care about you and your development. You can read about our culture here[link] and our benefits package below.
You will be responsible for server and client side application logic, integration of the front-end services with the back-end ones, supporting and maintaining existing clients, integration pipelines and deployments as well as writing tests and documentation while reporting into the Head of Engineering.
This role is dependant on outstanding programming skills and a great passion for developing beautiful, innovative, high quality applications which will give the company a commercial edge.
You will use your skills / experience within a team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end and front-end applications and processes. The Fullstack Developer will use his understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current code and industry developments, build reusable code and libraries, ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, optimize application for maximum speed and scalability, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, create a more seamless experience for users.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Assure optimised and high quality code and implement efficient and high standards testing principles
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices
- Developing features to enhance the user experience
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Ensuring web design is optimised for smartphones
- Building reusable code for future use
- Optimising web pages and microservices for maximum speed and scalability
- Mentoring and guidance
- Reviewing and increasing quality of the products
Key skills & requirements
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group
- A hunger to learn new things, with the humility to speak up when you are unsure
- The desire to develop great products that make a difference
- Strong collaboration skills, both within the team and drawing on the wider dev community (e.g. effective use of Stack Overflow)
- Capacity to coach other developers (including e.g. experience of pair programming, code review)
- Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as GoLang, PHP or Python and operating systems.
- Good understanding of Redux and/or MOBX
- 3+ years experience in software development, including experience in developing in React, Angular or similar
- Experience with Docker, Webpack and AWS
- Experience with Git
- Understanding of Design Patterns, SSO systems, Microservice architecture, Communication protocols, Virtualization, Continuous integration, Unit testing
- Experience with setting up, maintaining and improving continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Understanding of SSO principles and protocols
- Automated testing using Mocha, Jest, Enzyme or similar
- Diversity & Inclusion
We care deeply about making Filtered an inclusive and diverse place to work. We encourage applications from all demographics and backgrounds to maximise the capability and neurodiversity of the team. We don’t make decisions based on gender, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation or any other personal characteristics which are unrelated to the role. We understand that everyone has different lifestyles and we accommodate flexible working to make sure you are as productive and happy as you can be.