Who are we?
We are Fiit. The #1 rated fitness app in the UK.
We're looking for team players to help us achieve our mission — to remove every barrier to exercise, and create the most exciting and effective workouts on the planet.
We're a London-based startup with global plans. Are you passionate about making a difference? Read on.
What do we want?
An experienced Full Stack JS Engineer to join our team to help define and drive the future of our product integrating connected hardware and software.
We are looking for someone who is not just passionate about solving complex problems, but also wants to play a key role in helping us to achieve our mission of making fitness a habit for everybody.
This is ideally a permanent full time role, however, we would also consider contract applications. We are open to flexible working solutions but the successful candidate should be available to come into our office in London on a monthly basis.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with business and product teams to build the world’s first interactive functional fitness product with connected equipment.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, DevOps, data scientists, QA, designers and product managers, supporting each other to deliver a five-star product.
- Take responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of internal and external web apps, APIs, data pipelines, integrations and serverless services.
- Take responsibility for the quality and stability of our services, through good testing and monitoring processes.
- Work in a highly iterative and data-driven development lifecycle, releasing MVPs to learn how a new feature is received and used before building on top of it.
- Engage in product and design discussions, contributing ideas and feedback for what you will be building.
- Constantly questioning. Why are you building this? How can it be improved? What can we learn from this?
- Adapt quickly to changing requirements and environments; respond to unexpected challenges with a cool head and a positive attitude.
What you'll need
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience developing cloud applications on AWS, using services such as S3, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, DynamoDB.
- Commercial experience building consumer facing web apps using component based UIs, ideally React / Styled Components.
- Experience with SQL databases (preferably Postgres) including how to design table schemas and write performant queries.
- A strong testing mindset and an understanding of different kinds of automated testing and when to use them.
- A pragmatic development approach - confident with regularly triaging and reassessing priorities.
- Familiarity with a CI/CD development lifecycle.
- Experience working within an agile product team.
- A team player who enjoys collaboration and discussion.
- Passionate about the product and always striving for great UX.
- Always willing to get stuck into an unfamiliar problem and looking to learn,
- Can communicate clearly, concisely and kindly with technical and non-technical coworkers.
Bonus but not required
- Video streaming experience
- TV app experience
- More general experience with AWS, such as its data, media or security services
- Python / Go
Do your values resonate with ours?
Everyone at Fiit is a leader, whatever your level you’ll have a passion for the mission and understand how you can impact that.
You’ll always want to be improving, learning and curious, embracing and giving constructive feedback.
Grit to deliver is important in startup life. You’ll enjoy the rollercoaster, execute at pace and take accountability.
The team is greater than the individual at Fiit, we include everyone, value diversity and communicate openly.
Check out our Culture Book to find out what life at Fiit is like!
What’s in it for you?
- £45 - £100K depending on skill level and experience
- Flexible working
- Bonus, pension and equity options
- A cool office environment near the Olympic Park in Stratford
- 25 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Private health and dental insurance
- 3 budgets that you control around professional development, health/wellness and hobbies
- Free Fiit device and subscription
- Lots of fun with weekly drinks and TFIF, Coffee Club and team building days
- The opportunity to make a difference to people's lives
We are open to this role working flexibly.
However, our team is our biggest strength at Fiit so we’d want this role to be available to attend monthly team days in person.