At FACEIT we work to provide gamers all around the world with great competitive experiences for their favourite videogames. We develop unique products for players, partners and game developers centred around establishing and building competitive communities and ecosystems for multiplayer video games. Our online platform hosts over 20 million matches a month, and we are proud to work closely with multiple gaming publishers and developers to keep building the next generation of competitive experiences.
As a Back End Developer at FACEIT, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining solutions, contributing to the success of our growing online platform. Our developers are highly valued and trusted to be part of all decisions made around the development process and are expected to own things like their design, code, docs, deployment and tests.
We enjoy working with new technology, so we expect you to be passionate about new tools and frameworks and to experiment with and to evangelise them to the team. Until recently our team has predominantly worked with Java, however now we’re focusing more and more on Golang and we see this as our focus going forward.
- Design and develop distributed APIs and scheduled procedures
- Developing simple and maintainable solutions for complex problems by leading analysis and development;
- Work with the latest tools and continually learn and develop your skill set;
- Contribute to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms;
- Develop any required proof-of-concept work as part of the technical design process;
- Be responsible for the Code Level Design, Organisation of code, use of patterns for the successful implementation of a solution;
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong demonstrable experience as a Software Developer with Golang;
- Exceptional ability to collaborate on system design
- Excellent ability to write professional documentation
- Experience with Microservices;
- Experience working Agile;
Nice to haves:
- Excellent knowledge of Restful API;
- GRPC Experience
- Passion for video games (and board games) is always a plus
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Pension plan
- Flexible working hours
- Online games nights and virtual meetups
- Perkbox goodies