General description of the role
Emotech’s Lipsync.ai’s engine is dedicated to generating real-time speech animations using AI. A combination of neural networks and anatomical properties are utilised to generate realistic 3D motions, which drive all types of digital humans and avatars’ rigs.
We are building a whole ecosystem around our LipSync AI technology and we’re looking for a passionate and proactive software engineer to join our Research & Development team, to help us make our state of the art technologies accessible to industries like VFX/gaming, metaverse, etc. We are seeking versatile and proactive team players, with a can-do attitude and ability to build on feedback.
Work with a multidisciplinary team made up of designers, engineers and researchers in a fast-paced, rapidly adapting environment.
Design, develop, test and implement lipsync AI and other Digital Human technologies across different solutions and game engines.
Establish architectural principles, select design patterns
Review designs and code done by others and provide constructive feedback
Profile and optimise services for real time rendering applications
Minimum of 2 years of software development experience in computer graphics, game development or 3D animation industry.
Experience in developing using modern rendering engines, preferably Unreal Engine 4 both in C++ and Blueprints.
Deep knowledge of a programming language (e.g. Rust, C++11) in a Linux environment; working knowledge of multiple languages.
Great understanding of TDD, unit tests, end-to-end tests
Degree in Computer Science or other relevant area
Basic Docker, dev-ops knowledge
Modern protocols suitable for streaming media or data such as WebRTC and Websockets
Experience in Maya, Blender, or similar 3D software
Experience developing animation solutions for CGI characters, FACS blendshapes, MoCap data
Experience with game debugging and optimisation
Understanding of the fundamentals of deep learning, machine learning, data science.
Audio/speech applications or computer vision, understanding of basic ML/DL models (SVM, CNN and LSTM etc), Tensorflow, Keras or PyTorch
AWS, HW Cloud, Google Cloud services
What we offer:
Emotech is a flat-structured and family-styled startup. We want each member to be well taken care of and have the capability to grow with the team. You are welcome to suggest any other benefits in addition to all of these in the following!
· Autonomy to make vital decisions and offer solutions that have an impact on company development and the AI world
· Competitive salary package including company equity
· Performance bonus
· Pension scheme (NEST)
· Medical insurance (BUPA UK, private healthcare)
· Work with diverse team with extensive domain expertise, some of the brightest & highly reputable minds in AI, software development, mechanics, business and investment
· Collaboration on various projects with renowned universities, including CMU, UCL, University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, Imperial College London & University of Edinburgh
· Internal knowledge transfer to explore multi-modality, ASR, NLP, computer vision, software architecture and more
· Patent application (registration & legal consultancy)
· Working visa application (application & legal consultancy)
· Convenient location in lively Shoreditch
· Everyday dinner
· Weekly happy hours with beers, scotch & wine
Emotech is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace. We are building a diverse culture and workforce where is made up of inclusive groups of diverse people and treating all employees and job applicants equally and irrespective of their race, religion, color, nationality, culture, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.