Eligible (or eligible ai) is a fin-tech start-up, developing smart relationship solutions for financial institutions in the mortgage market. Our customers use our products to empower their teams, grow their business and increase their retention. It’s our mission to help our clients delight, value and keep their customers forever.
We're growing fast and looking for awesome people to help us create a market-leading platform. If you're interested in being a core part of an engaged team solving real problems, read on.
We're looking for a backend developer that can hit the ground running. From day one, you'll be able to have a direct impact on the development of our platform, working closely with our Lead Backend Developer and with support from our CTO and wider product and engineering teams.
Our backend stack centres around our Django application. We use Django REST framework for the core JSON API that supports our React frontend. We use PostgreSQL for our database, and host our applications using Heroku, including RabbitMQ to manage our background tasks.
We believe that people, attitude, and problem-solving ability are more important than buzzwords, but ideally, you:
- have experience working on Python backends for web applications, ideally Django
- have experience building and maintaining APIs, preferably using Django REST framework
- are comfortable working with relational databases, both via SQL and ORMs
- can think holistically about a system
- care about the quality of code
- can put good solutions above ego (this goes both ways - we expect you to be comfortable being challenged, but unafraid to challenge others (constructively!))
If all of the above sounds like an environment you'd thrive in, please get in touch!
If you are a recruiter, please do not contact us about this role.