Eligible (or eligible ai) is a fin-tech start-up, developing smart relationship solutions for financial institutions in the mortgage market. Our customers use our products to empower their teams, grow their business and increase their retention. It’s our mission to help our clients delight, value, and keep their customers forever.
We're looking for a smart and capable C# .NET Core developer / data engineer to help us maintain and improve a core piece of our data ingestion pipeline. You will receive training and support on the current system and what is required day-to-day, and report directly into the CTO.
The codebase you'll be working on is built in .NET Core using C#, talks to a PostgreSQL database hosted on Heroku and AWS s3 for data storage, and uses Razor with Bootstrap CSS for a simple frontend dashboard.
We have plans to gradually bring this infrastructure in line with our other codebases and have the next iteration more integrated with our main systems built in Python / Django, so expertise and/or willingness to learn in this area will set you apart for this role.
We have just moved to a brand new bright and airy office in Clerkenwell London, and offer regular socials, a collaborative team atmosphere, and office snacks among other perks.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- maintaining the existing codebase
- responding to queries about how the system is working
- adding to our configuration files for new and existing clients
- improving both the internal user and developer experience of the system
- squashing bugs that are identified
- assisting with conversion of some elements of the pipeline into the next iteration of the solution in Python
We believe that people, attitude, and problem-solving ability are more important than buzzwords, but ideally, you:
- Have used C# in a professional context
- Are comfortable around data manipulation in CSV format
- Understand how to identify the source of a problem and step through execution to find the fault
- Understand concepts like Inheritance, Lists, Dictionaries, Parallel execution (threading), FileStream, the Entity Framework in C#
- Have worked with a SQL database before, and understand how basic CRUD operations work, how functions and stored procedures can be used, as well as basic understanding of how to maintain such a system
- Have used a version control system before, ideally Git
- Have some exposure to cloud hosting, ideally using Heroku
- Have experience in Python systems
If all of the above sounds like an environment you'd thrive in, please get in touch!
If you are a recruiter, please do not contact us about this role.