We’re looking for a senior full stack engineer to join our talented and ever-growing team. Specifically, we’re looking for someone to join the Platform Squad whose mission it is to make a platform that’s reliable, scalable and easy to integrate with other systems. We are looking for an engineer who is keen to work full stack, but has a wealth of experience building and scaling backend systems. This position will play a vital role in the future of EduMe and in enabling our growth.
EduMe is a Workforce Success platform used by modern companies across 6 continents to train, inform and engage with their desk-less workforce. By having effective learning and relevant information in the palm of their hands, the workforce at companies like Uber, Deliveroo, Deloitte, goPuff and Vodafone are empowered to perform at their best.
Following our recent series A funding round, we are on a quick growth trajectory. Product and engineering is expected to double over the next year. The teams are working on making our already strong UX both for learners and admins an even bigger differentiator, scaling the platform as we go from 1 million monthly active users to 2 million, and making relevant learning available seamlessly in our users’ daily life - this includes APIs that our advanced clients use to create bespoke experiences, but also integrations to tools the users already use for their work.
The wider team:
Our product team has recently been organised into three cross functional squads, each of which owns an important topic within our product. In each squad, developers work closely with a product manager and designer both on discovery and delivery work. The squads are:
- Core Learning: To build the best end to end experience of the core part of the product to enable smooth content consumption, content generation and monitoring of learner activity
- Growth: Reduce time and effort to access our USP, and increase frequency of usage by introducing and optimising features outside of core learning to support new use cases
- Platform: Make EduMe a platform that’s reliable, scalable and easy to integrate with other systems
What you’ll do
- Design and implement APIs and SDKs that allow our clients to make EduMe a seamless part of their employee experience
- Work on how to scale our infrastructure to be ready for use by millions of users, and architect systems that handle both reporting and transactional loads well
- Build features that allow customers to deliver content in new ways and end-users to engage with it
- As a more senior member of the team, you will be required to take responsibility for more complex projects and challenges
- Support and mentor more junior developers
What we’re looking for
- Someone with a wealth of experience in backend development and in scaling infrastructure
- Experience designing customer facing APIs
- Experience with Node, React and Redux,
- Strong engineering and problem solving skills
- Experience writing well-tested code
- Experience working in agile teams
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, including performance and reliability
We’d be particularly excited if you have
- Experience scaling and dealing with performance challenges
- Experience delivering high quality React Native features
- Knowledge of good DevOps practices
- Strong end-to-end test automation experience
- Experience and/or a strong interest in mentoring junior team members
What we will offer you
- 25 days of paid leave a year, plus bank holidays, with the option to carry 5 days over
- Inclusion in the company share option plan - you're a part of the success!
- Flexible working to support you, your life, and those around you, supported by a generous budget to set up your home working environment for comfort and success
- On top of the above, we offer every employee the chance to spend a month working from anywhere around the globe, every year
- Mental health support through Spill
- A monthly wellbeing budget through Juno
- Enhanced parental leave for primary and secondary carers
- A generous annual Personal Learning and Education budget
You can find more information about life at EduMe on our careers page
Working at EduMe during COVID-19
We have been fully remote since March 2020. We are currently looking at office space in central London for when it's safe for us to return to work, and the decisions we make will always be based on the health and well-being of our employees. While we will maintain a flexible approach, we plan to work and collaborate together when it's safe to do so. For this reason, we're unable to accept applications from those looking for a remote only position or those unwilling to travel into London when needed - which could be several days a week.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at EduMe
EduMe is an equal opportunity employer. As a company we are committed to the unlearning of unconscious bias, diversity and inclusion long-term, which will remain a key focus of ours as we scale. We welcome all applicants, regardless of religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status (and any other status protected by applicable law). We aim to be transparent in our efforts to become a thriving, diverse and inclusive place to work, and you can find the continuous action we're taking to achieve this here.
EduMe is committed to providing reasonable adjustments for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org