We're looking for a senior frontend engineer to help us build our "Apps" framework for Deskpro, a helpdesk product and platform. If you love working on products used by thousands of people and want to work in a small but quickly growing company, then read on!
At Deskpro, we make helpdesk software and we have customers of all shapes and sizes from across the globe, including Vodafone, Microsoft, NHS, and Panasonic. Deskpro is a large product with a large variety of features and modules, from email, chat, and voice, to blog posts, knowledgebase, and guides, and everything in between. There's always something new to build.
What you will be building
Deskpro Apps run inside of the Deskpro interface, which is itself a single-page React app. Apps add custom functionality and integrations with third-party services.
The relationship between apps and Deskpro is similar to that of browser extensions and the browser itself. For example, if you use Chrome, you can install an extension and that extension contains arbitrary JS code, possibly some UI, etc.
Your job will be to create the underlying framework and APIs that apps will use, along with our primary React UI library. You'll also build out the whole developer experience including aspects such as dev tools and documentation. Once the framework has been built, you'll help manage a team of other developers to ship dozens of new apps and integrations, and over time, add more and more features to the platform.
You can get a bit more of an overview here: https://www.notion.so/deskpro/Deskpro-Apps-Descrip...
Technology we use
We use Typescript and React when building our frontends (we love our types!). You'll use Typescript for any libraries such as the apps framework and SDK, and any tooling such as dev tools will run on NodeJS as is standard for web-based apps.
Why should you be interested?
- You will have considerable input on the overall design and architecture of the apps framework and you will be able to shape the experience for countless devs. The work you do have a direct impact with developers.
- You'll get to use and learn about many different products, APIs and technologies. Deskpro is the central hub for a lot of companies, and we'll be building hundreds of apps on your framework.
- You'll get to try out new technology. We are constantly updating our stack and are always on the lookout for tools that will help us be more productive.
- Very strong experience building web apps with Typescript and ReactJS
- A solid understanding of GraphQL. Prior experience with React Apollo GraphQL and codegen are a bonus.
- You should have a strong understanding of software architecture with opinions on "the right way" to do thing.
- You should be a "do-er". You will have a lot of autonomy over your own work, and you will be expected to work with the team to make sure your projects get shipped.
- You work well with others and enjoy sharing your knowledge and leading by example.
- You should love the colour green. We expect your products to be well-tested.
- Competitive Salary + Company Bonus Scheme
- Varied work. Both in terms of what product features you will be working on, but you'll also have the opportunity to immerse yourself in other aspects of the company such as product planning, customer support, etc.
- A mixture of autonomy over your own work and real responsibilities to the team and business.
- Your choice of equipment (most of our devs like Macbook's with two 4k monitors).
- We encourage self-improvement: Company-sponsored server/hosting for your side projects; books; conferences; courses. Just ask!
- 2 minute walk from shops, restaurants, pubs and gyms.
- Lovely new offices, BBQs in the summer, Monday team breakfasts and Friday lunches. Unlimited coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks with beers for Friday afternoon.
- BUPA Private Healthcare & Cash Scheme, Pension Scheme, Bike Storage, Season ticket loans, Reduced gym membership.