We are looking for Software Craftspeople that share the same values of pragmatism, professionalism and transparency that we do. Currently, we are all working remotely due to Covid-19. As things start to return to normal, any travel would be restricted to your main office branch (London, Manchester or Barcelona) - we’re not a typical consultancy and won’t be asking you to travel all over the place! Any client work that is outside of these locations would be undertaken remotely.
We support our clients in many ways and you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of different internal and client projects. Perhaps you’ll work on a client project from our offices with our team delivery approach. This may be a greenfield project for a startup, or helping to build a mission-critical system for a large enterprise client. Perhaps you’ll work as an embedded craftsperson, working within our client's existing development to help them to get better at writing their own software. Or maybe you're more interested in helping to introduce the values of Craftsmanship to an organisation through coaching & mentoring.
Location: We are open to this role being hybrid or fully remote. Please note that we are not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
What about you?
You consider yourself a software craftsperson. For you, writing code is part of your job and also a source of joy. Test-Driven Development is how you like to or would prefer to write code - preferring to work in small increments, trying things out and iterating rapidly, tightening the feedback loop as much as possible, and letting your tests drive the design of the code.
You are a team player. You understand that software lives on long after it is first delivered and that many different people will contribute to it over its lifetime.
As a curious developer, you spend time investing in your craft, learning new technologies and practicing different techniques and approaches.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Familiarity with a cloud solution (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- An appreciation for good development practices (Test-driven development, pair programming, continuous integration/deployment)
- A passion for continuous learning and sharing knowledge with others
- Transparency - salary bandings and company finances are available to everyone from day one.
- Personal Learning Budget - Access to Learnerbly, our online learning & development tool, to support your personal development and career progression here.
- Training - No fixed training budget. So long as the course is relevant for the company and you'll do a lightning talk on the subject, we’re happy to pay for it.
- Life cover and private medical - A ‘Lump Sum’ payment for life cover. Private medical cover including dental.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including access to wellbeing support (counselling, therapy)
- Pensions and Income Protection
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Autonomy - got an idea? Form an Initiative Circle, take ownership, run with it, and see it through to delivery.
Everyone should have the right to bring their whole self to work and be celebrated for who they are. Our people are hired purely on their commitment to these values and their ambition to deliver outstanding results for our clients. Codurance is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace.