Who are we?
We are Cegid, a French company with over 4,000 employees in offices worldwide. We create innovative and purposeful business management solutions, designed to help professionals in retail, HR, payroll, tax and CPAs, achieve their goals. We were among the first companies to adopt and integrate cloud technology into our retail solutions, thanks to a culture of innovation and our unique industry expertise.
In our London branch which this role is for, we are focusing on the automation of accounting. Our web-based platform serves over a million small businesses and big name accounting practices such as KPMG, Mazars and PWC.
You would be joining as a Backend Developer in an agile team that focuses on the processing of financial documents and bank transactions, which already processes over 1 million documents per month. We also utilise machine learning for processing of these documents and the automation of accounting tasks.
The reason we are looking to expand our team is that the adoption of the automation we provide is going through huge growth, and our roadmap is focused on expanding the automation further.
What you need
- Someone who is at a mid or senior level in their career (multiple positions available)
- Node.js skills, at least 2 years of experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases (such as MongoDB)
- Experience working with microservices running in Docker images
- Familiarity with creating RESTful API services
- Experience TDD practices
Desirable but not essential
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Cloud computing experience is a plus, we use Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Jest and/or Cucumber for testing
- TypeScript experience is a plus (we have some microservices in TS)
- React and Redux experience is a bonus but not expected
- Experience working in agile scrum teams
What we offer
- Annual salary of up to £80,000 depending on experience (mid-senior)
- 30days of holidays plus national holidays
- Company pension contribution of 5%
- Annual salary bonus of up to 5%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual training budget for employees
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible office days – we run a hybrid workplace policy, you’d be in the office a couple days per week and the rest can be remote (we know life gets in the way!)
- A lovely open plan office located in London near Soho
- A very social environment, we love to go out as a team for food, drinks and other activities!
Our interview process
We have a simple recruitment process, which you will be handled by our developers throughout.
- A quick 15-minute chat over Teams to get to know you, and a chance for you to learn a bit more about what we do!
- A longer 30-minute interview. This will be a more in-depth chat about your technical skills, experience, and any projects you have - then some questions to learn how you approach problems.
- Lastly, a short 30-minute coding test, this isn’t complicated so no pressure! It just allows us to see how you approach coding tasks and the way you work.
We know how painful recruitment processes are, so we strive to give you an answer after each stage within 24 hours. Assuming you pass all stages, we aim to give you an offer in writing within a couple of days. We also strongly encourage you to ask any questions before and throughout the process, and to let us know if you need any special requirements.