Brainpool is an artificial intelligence start-up providing custom AI solutions with the help of its network of AI and Machine Learning Experts. Members of Brainpool are PhD-level scientists from top universities such as UCL, Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard. Brainpool provides companies with end-to-end AI solutions, starting from strategy development, planning and finding resources all the way to implementation.
Brainpool consults for clients and partners across the public and private sectors within North America and Europe. Developing and maintaining technology solutions for SME and large publicly listed companies within financial services, construction, manufacturing, and ecommerce.
About the role
The role will involve working alongside the CTO, and a team engineers, on various business engagements, such as client projects and internal company products. Some examples of these engagements include client scoping programmes, and PoC/MVP software development. This candidate will predominately be assisting the CTO (or a PM) with client documentation and coding. As this role will be at the interface between application and product development, excellent communication skills will be required. Furthermore, this engineer will be expected to be able to articulate complicated concepts from a low-level to a high-level.
- BSc or a MSc in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or an Engineering discipline (STEM).
- Excellent programming skills (2 years+) in Python and/or C/C++ and familiarity with object-oriented programming.
- Passionate about code quality, adhering to best practices for code quality, performance, testing, monitoring, documentation, CI/CD.
- Understanding of git version control system, branching and code versioning.
- Experience working in an agile framework, defining functional and non-functional requirements and sprint tasks.
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate with both technical and commercial people.
It would also be a bonus if you have experience of the following:
- Cloud computing with GCP or AWS.
- Experience working with AI/ML algorithms and data science.
- Docker and Kubernetes.
- Data engineering
- Backend web development.
What we offer
- A basic salary of £25,000 - £40,000 GBP (based on experience)
- Flexible hours
- Remote work
- Stock options after a successful probation period