Daisy AI Inc is an exciting early-stage startup founded by a group of construction industry experts and PhD level academics aiming to disrupt the construction industry with an offering of automated design tools based on artificial intelligence and machine learning methods. Our first product is an automated design tool for timber floors. We have successfully rolled out the product in the UK and we are now expanding into the residential construction market in North America. In the future we are aiming to extend the product portfolio to other construction components, based on market needs such as timber stairs, walls and roofs.
About the role
This role will see you taking ownership of a code base which has been developed over the last decade which is used for design problems within the timber construction industry. This will primarily involve the responsibility of maintaining a mature C language application, alongside the senior members of the team. Additionally, the role will involve implementing new functionality, for example, Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) floor slab members, this will involve working with the existing software and implementing new modules which have been defined and specified by structural engineers. As this role will be at the interface between application, architectural design, and product development excellent communication skills will be required, in which the engineer can articulate complicated concepts from a low-level to a high-level such that a commercial team member can understand.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Masters in Maths, Physics, Computer Science or an Engineering discipline.
• Excellent programming skills; 4 years+ in C/C++ or PhD with specific focused on using C/C++
• Demonstrated experience of computational geometry, specifically experience with geometric design data for building multiple shapes and vertices.
• Passionate about code quality, adhering to best practices for code quality, performance, testing, monitoring, documentation, CI/CD.
• Understanding of git version control system, branching and code versioning.
• Experience working in an Agile framework, defining functional and non-functional requirements and sprint tasks.
• Strong communication skills, able to communicate with both technical and commercial people.
What we offer
You will be one of the first full-time members to join the team alongside DAISY directors specialising in artificial intelligence and construction design. As part of the package you will receive:
• A basic salary of £40,000 - £70,000
• Stock options in the DAISY AI Inc business following a successful probation period
• Flexible hours
• Remote work
• Opportunity work at Autodesk residents’ office space in Toronto