Brainpool is an artificial intelligence start-up providing custom AI solutions with the help of its network of AI and Machine Learning Experts. Members of Brainpool are PhD-level scientists from top universities such as UCL, Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard. Brainpool provides companies with end-to-end AI solutions, starting from strategy development, planning and finding resources all the way to implementation. Brainpool consults clients and partners across the public and private sectors within North America and Europe, as well as develops and maintains technology solutions for SMEs and large publicly listed companies within financial services, construction, manufacturing, and ecommerce. Recently Brainpool had a privilege of getting involved in projects with an environmental impact, such as timber design optimising tool - DAISY.ai, research project with Natural Resources Canada, and CO2 calculator tool with a construction company in Quebec. We hope we can help companies figure out how to use AI to operate more sustainably.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced machine learning engineer and consultant with at least 5 years professional experience and a good track record of developing and delivering machine learning projects. Brainpool builds bespoke Artificial Intelligence Solutions for clients across variety of industries, e.g. finance, manufacturing, construction, government, healthcare, retail. We are looking for a person who is confident and has know-how to advise clients on a strategy for development of a variety AI and Machine learning solutions.
Ideally, the candidate should be comfortable working with python as a backend language and to deliver code in well tested CI/CD pipelines. In addition, the candidate must be comfortable using docker to containerise web-applications that can be delivered to Kubernetes clusters or Serverless Deployment (such as AWS Lambda).
You will work as part of a growing team of Machine Learning experts. The role is remote, but there may be a requirement to travel to the UK, Canada and US for client projects and whenever necessary to collaborate with the team.
• 5+ years experience in developing AI solutions - AI strategy development for corporations - AI project management experience (project delivery, managing teams of data scientists
• minimum B.Sc in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field - Experienced Python Developer (fluency in C++ and/or Go is a plus, php and laravel)
• Experienced in concepts like object-oriented programming and test-driven development - Confident with technologies like cloud-computing (AWS/GCP), containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and version control (git)
• Experience building CI/CD pipelines for web-applications - Good communication, leadership, and team-working skills
• Perform AI scoping programmes for new clients and build AI and Machine Learning product development strategies
• Manage teams of data scientists to ensure efficient project delivery of a PoC and MVP
• Help with maintaining Brainpool web servers and deployments on AWS
• Help build web-application backends for Brainpool’s products and servers
• Work in scrum/agile environment (daily updates)
•Perform assigned daily tasks and respond immediately to issues/problems
• Involved in unit/integration testing frameworks and practices