Who we are:
We are a digital agency based in Kentish Town. We partner with leading brands and retailers to engage with their customers through user experience design, creative design and content creation. We’re fortunate enough to work with some fantastic fashion and retail brands and most of our new business comes from recommendation.
This is an exciting opportunity to help grow an already well established team. Being at the forefront of technical decisions and looking for new and innovative ideas to improve processes.
The successful candidate will take ownership and lead the technical aspects of the projects, improve current processes, be interested in learning new web technologies and always be looking at ways to improve the team. You will build relationships with both the creative and technical client teams and be the main technical point of contact, attending meetings and technical discussions.
Essential skills and experience:
● Significant experience as a Front End Developer (digital agency experience desirable)
● Able to work at pace with competing deadlines and adjust to differing client expectations
● Tackling complexity with simplicity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
● Strong problem solving skills that anticipate challenges and plan for them
● Strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
● Understand REST APIs and AJAX.
● Deep understanding of GIT version control
● Proven ability to keep up to date knowledge of Front End Technologies (eg. ECMA6, WebP images, speed optimisation techniques)
● Experience of CSS-Preprocessor (SASS)
● Experience with GULP task runners
● Experience with NodeJS and Handlebars
● Translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. (pixel perfect)
● Knowledge of Cross Browser, cross-platform and cross-device responsive development.and client side performance
● Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
● Client-facing experience across multiple accounts
● Be up to date with the latest web trends, techniques and technologies
Desirable skills and experience:
● Creating bespoke CMS (Wordpress) themes and experience of managing CMS content on Tier one platforms (Demandware is desirable)
● Familiarity with MVC web frameworks and data driven applications.
● Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies.
● Good experience with Bootstrap framework.
● Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues, client-side performance.
● Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
● Building bespoke responsive HTML emails