About the role
We are looking for industry leading Full Stack Developers with strong experience to join our growing dev team. You’ll be someone who loves innovating, problem solving and wants to be at the forefront of transformation. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable with front-end and back-end languages and enjoy creating products which users love.
You’ll be a team player who will be working closely with our Product Managers, Designers, UX and QA teams to create new and innovative features and upgrade existing functionality to create the best experiences for our customers. These projects can include everything from creating new, engaging and interactive user journeys, to innovative ways of storing and analysing user data to make better suggestions and matches for customers and professionals.
This is a huge opportunity to experience and contribute to the transition of a monolith platform to a microservices architecture at a company growing exponentially. You will be part of the ongoing upgrades to the existing platform and innovative new services, utilising new technologies and frameworks to write readable, scalable, maintainable and testable code.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience building APIs using PHP frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony
- Practical use of CSS, preferably with frameworks like Bootstrap (or similar)
- Production experience with relational databases (preferably MySQL)
- Experience building and styling a responsive products (to a design) in a production environment
- Strong organisational skills
- Analytical mindset with numerical aptitude
- Eagerness to learn more
- Prepared to roll the sleeves up
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience building, maintaining, testing and documenting APIs to be used by other developers both internally and externally
- Experience with other data stores like ElasticSearch, MongoDB and Data Warehousing solutions like BigQuery
- Experience with DevOps solutions like AWS tools, docker, terraform and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Python in either a web development or batch/data process setting
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Share options in a rapidly growing company, whose founders have a proven track record of successful exits
- Private gym, just for Bark employees
- Private health insurance
- Monthly socials and massive parties
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly team lunches
What our devs say...
Henry, Tech Team Lead - “It’s an exciting time to join Bark in many ways but especially from a tech point of view, because we’re at the beginning of the biggest architectural transition in the company's history. As we transition from a startup to a much larger company, we need to upgrade our stack from a few monolith systems, to much more scalable, maintainable, decoupled services.”
George, Developer- “Working so closely with the product and design teams gives me an opportunity to get involved in the product from the earliest stage. Each week we build a new experiment which is a true collaboration of the ideas from everyone in the group. Due to the scale of Bark as a business, it’s also hugely rewarding to see that the work we produce can make a massive impact, by generating millions of pounds in annualised revenue.”
Tom, Senior Product Designer - “There's a real sense of camaraderie across the company. The tech side of the business is really exciting at the moment – we broke into different teams and the effect is phenomenal. Never a dull moment, and feels like we're making real measurable change to the product for our users!”