About the role
We are looking for an industry leading DevOps engineer with strong experience to join our growing dev team. You’ll be someone who loves innovating, problem solving and wants to be at the forefront of transformation. You’ll have a passion for automation and evangelise “infrastructure as code” as you’ll play a key part in the foundation and scaling of our tech stack.
Your vision for the infrastructure of our product will lead the way and enable developers to release changes with a higher velocity and with greater accuracy, it will overhaul our deployment pipeline and raise the security and stability of our system. You’ll be a team player who will work closely with our developers, tech leads and QA to build an environment which allows us to reach our ambitious goals to expand our product and grow the business.
This is a huge opportunity to experience and contribute to the transition of a monolithic platform to a microservices architecture at a company growing exponentially. You will be part of the ongoing upgrades to our existing platform and will also help to innovative new services, utilising new technologies and frameworks to facilitate a reliable and scalable infrastructure.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of “DevOps” experience with some leadership roles
- Been responsible for the uptime and management of a range of services in a distributed and highly available environment
- Strong production experience with infrastructure as code, containerisation and orchestration across multiple environments on AWS
- Experience with release management and communication
- Implementation and maintenance of a CI/CD pipeline for multiple platforms
- Familiarity and eagerness to learn and implement best security practices
- Passion and ability to create great development environments
- Strong organisational skills
- Analytical mindset with numerical aptitude
- Eagerness to learn more
- Prepared to roll the sleeves up
- Experience with technologies and languages such as Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Python and of course Bash scripts
- Supporting QA Automation environments
- Experience with administration, monitoring and maintenance of Relational (bonus points for Aurora) and No-SQL (bonus points for DocumentDB) databases
- Experience constructing recovery and incident response plans
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Share options in a rapidly growing company, whose founders have a proven track record of successful exits
- Private gym, just for Bark employees
- Private health insurance
- Monthly socials and massive parties
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly team lunches
What our devs say...
Henry, Tech Team Lead - “It’s an exciting time to join Bark in many ways but especially from a tech point of view, because we’re at the beginning of the biggest architectural transition in the company's history. As we transition from a startup to a much larger company, we need to upgrade our stack from a few monolith systems, to much more scalable, maintainable, decoupled services.”
George, Developer- “Working so closely with the product and design teams gives me an opportunity to get involved in the product from the earliest stage. Each week we build a new experiment which is a true collaboration of the ideas from everyone in the group. Due to the scale of Bark as a business, it’s also hugely rewarding to see that the work we produce can make a massive impact, by generating millions of pounds in annualised revenue.”
Tom, Senior Product Designer - “There's a real sense of camaraderie across the company. The tech side of the business is really exciting at the moment – we broke into different teams and the effect is phenomenal. Never a dull moment, and feels like we're making real measurable change to the product for our users!”