Development Team Lead
Bankable is growing and investing in our Technology team and as such are now looking for Junior Software Engineers to create a more balanced team.
Bankable is an award-winning fintech company that displaces payment and banking inefficiencies worldwide since 2010. We have recently announced a strategic partnership with Visa, allowing us to accelerate our expansion in Europe, North America and the Middle East.
Bankable can power any product or service which involves collecting funds, storing funds and paying funds irrespective of the currency and the payment methods used. Our real-time cross-border digital and payment solutions are used by global corporates and banks such as ABN Amro, Emirates and Airbus as well as scale-ups such as Glovo and Spendesk.
Everyone at Bankable is encouraged to take initiative and has the flexibility to grow and shape their careers based on ambitions and interests.
Technology wins and projects
The technology team have changed the way we do things significantly over the last year. From implementing CI/CD for our deployments, to running our stack on Docker on our internal infrastructure. We have also gone live with our first implementation using GCP.
The team have created a CI/CD pipeline for managing database changes into our different environments. This allows us to manage with confidence the deployments of our database changes to production.
Our goals of porting our whole stack on to the cloud are also being actively worked on. This requires a significant amount of architectural change.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Experience at managing a Development team of around 10 people, from a technical and organisational perspective is a must. This role, while having a large management component also requires string technical ability.
- Using an agile approach, you’ll put in the structures your team needs to be as effective as possible.
- You’ll play an active part in hiring, onboarding and growing your team to increase your capacity to take on bigger challenges.
- Based within one of our product/component teams, you will act as a coach and a leader of the team but also get stuck in with technical contributions. You will be articulating your ideas and listening to others.
- Given your technical strengths, you will also do code reviews and design sessions for your team.
- You will be responsible for managing the team’s day to day workload and delegate work in the most efficient manner possible.
- As we work in a dynamic environment, priorities do change quickly, and the person will need to be flexible to change and see it as a challenge not a problem.
- A solid foundation and working knowledge of:
- Really good communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Proven track record in managing development teams
- A solid background in Java development, minimum 6 years industry experience
- Good understanding of Agile
- Understanding of the SDLC
- Linux (or Unix, BSD) - comfortable navigating through shell, viewing/editing files, file permissions, cron, package management, command-line tools
- Understands how to use source control software such as GIT
- Demonstrates that they understand the importance of testing
- Good understanding of SQL
- Fluent in English
- Good listener and quick learner
- Focused on delivery
- Understands the importance of delivering high quality solutions
Nice to have (not essential)
- Background in the payment industry – ideally card transaction processing and/or Faster Payments/SEPA or FX background
- Background in building virtual ledger management systems
- A major European language other than English
- DevOps experience with technologies like GITLab and CI/CD
- Cloud Services - any experience working with Cloud
- Experience with Cucumber and BDD
- C++ Development experience
Work at a fun, fast-paced FinTech based in Europe’s largest technology accelerator Level39 (Canary Wharf, London). In addition to awesome views of London, our office offers unlimited coffee brewed by a slick Nespresso machine, fresh fruit for breakfast and freshly baked cookies every day at 3pm!
A collaborative work environment where you are encouraged to take the initiative
You will have the flexibility to grow and shape your career within Bankable, based on your interests and ambitions