We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
We’re looking for Java Engineers experienced in developing scalable, well-tested, and maintainable applications / microservices using any (or no) framework. You must be able to translate design and specs into beautiful, usable applications.
We want a strong team member, who knows how to work within an agile team to produce high quality software. You will help us build and support great products across Babylon, in order to make health care affordable and accessible for everyone.
· You can demonstrate solid coding skills in Java
· You apply system design skills are happy to work on scalable architectures
· You have worked extensively with REST APIs and streaming based applications (ideally with Kafka)
· You have worked with a variety of datastores such as SQL, Postgres or similar
· You ensure quality is paramount, and can write unit, integration and performance tests
Core technical stack: