We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
What do we want?
Our applied machine learning team is looking for a software engineer with experience and passion for machine learning to help us going from ideas to products in order to improve the life of millions and make health care affordable and accessible for everyone.
You will be involved in the design and development of machine learning services, with an emphasis on natural language processing and understanding, aiming to solve real world problems.
What do we want?
- Strong software engineering skills (knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, strong OO design skills)
- Good understanding of linear algebra
- Experience applying ML to solve practical problems
- Great communication skills (both written and spoken)
What is nice to have?
- Experience coding in python is a big plus
- Experience using Tensorflow
- Participation in Kaggle competitions
- Competitive salary package including share options scheme;
- Good Maternity Policy;
- Paternity & Adoption Policy;
- 25 days holiday;
- Flexible working environment;
- Free Babylon for you and your family;
- Private Health - family included;
- Life Insurance;
- Pension Scheme;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Gym in the office;
- Free healthy breakfast and snacks;
- Onsite table tennis and video game competitions;
- Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment;
- Hosts of meet-ups and speaking opportunities;
- Free weekly yoga or football sessions.