Arabesque specializes in making sustainability, corporate responsibility, and ESG mainstream. Arabesque was founded in 2013 as a management buy-out from Barclays Bank Plc, and its story is one of partnership between leaders in finance, mathematics, and sustainability, working together to develop the next generation of sustainability asset management and data.
Arabesque’s businesses are:
- Asset Management: a sustainable and quantitative investment management business using self-learning quantitative models, AI, and big data.
- S-Ray®: a dedicated data business, focused on providing the market with corporate sustainability data.
- Artificial Intelligence: a dedicated AI research business developing AI and big data capabilities for financial services.
- Development: constantly researching new frontiers and business opportunities in sustainability, finance, AI, and machine-learning.
Arabesque has offices in London, Frankfurt, Boston, Tokyo and Singapore
This role will be based in Frankfurt or London
The Role & Responsibilities
As an Associate you will be a part of the IT team of Arabesque and will report to the Head of IT Architecture
Arabesque is a rapidly growing company, the team provides highly scalable, and highly automated support to the wider Group. The team is tasked with sourcing, deploying, and managing evolving technologies. You will work with all global departments across all business units in a flat hierarchy to support existing processes, and identify and implement solutions based on your insights.
Some of our current stacks are listed below, and you will take responsibility within such areas
- Assets: fully automatic provisioning of technology and central IT assets (via SharePoint/OneDrive/Exchange and other Office365 apps)
- Development: management of cloud resources on Azure (as well as services from AWS and GCP)
- Support: state-of-the-art interactive automated helpdesk based on Atlassian Confluence and Jira
- Maintenance: operating in regulated industries, Arabesque adheres to best-in-class practices based on FCA/SEC and other regulations
- Competitiveness: Arabesque is a technology company; we provide the best service for both our external clients and internal colleagues
Your Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in enterprise IT
- Experience with disaster recovery and BCP testing
- Experience with IT security and operations (SecOps)
- Experience with cloud-based services such as Azure, AWS and GCP
- Experience with device management across Window/Mac OS/Linux/iOS/Android
- Experience with endpoint management, endpoint protection, cloud-access management, data archiving, email protection. Preferable experience using Microsoft tool stack (Intune, Defender ATP, Cloud-App Security, Office ATP)
- Experience working within regulated industries, and understanding of regulation
- Up-to-date awareness of established and contender technologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in navigating changes in public polices, regulations and standards.
- Strong academic track record.
- Experience with agile project management ideally with respect to software development.
- Analytical thinker, team-oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
- Excellent presentation skills, including executive presence and strong oral and writing capabilities.
- Self-motivated with a dedicated work ethic and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Ability to establish top-level goals, translate them into tangible workstreams and execute effectively.
- Strong theoretical underpinnings with an ability to put these into practice for business benefit.