About the Arabesque Group
Welcome to the Arabesque Group, a global group of fintech companies providing a range of sustainable investment and data services from its offices around the world. Established in 2013, the Arabesque Group has a founding mission to help mainstream sustainability across capital markets. We believe economic value creation can and should be combined with environmental stewardship, social inclusion and sound governance. Through our group of companies, we combine data and AI to deliver sustainable, transparent financial solutions for our changing world.
About Arabesque S-Ray GmbH
Arabesque S-Ray GmbH is a global financial services company that focuses on advisory and data solutions by combining big data and ESG metrics to assess the performance and sustainability of publicly listed companies worldwide.
Headquartered in Frankfurt and with offices in London, Boston and Singapore, Arabesque S-Ray empowers investors, corporates and other stakeholders across the world to make more sustainable decisions. The firm’s evolution is a story of partnership between leaders in finance, mathematics, data science and sustainability working together to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable future.
Team and Reporting Line
You will report to the Head of Engineering at Arabesque S-Ray.
We’re looking for a software engineer to bolster the strength of our engineering team. Your main responsibility will be to improve our product offering by building a set of highly available and scalable APIs and make our engineering team more efficient by researching and implementing new tooling. Additionally, you will be involved in setting up and maintaining additional cloud infrastructure, as well as various other engineering tasks (database, networking, etc.) to serve our urgent business needs, depending on your experience and interests.
- At least 2 years of experience as a full-stack software engineer
- Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Developing and deploying containerised, reliable, highly available and scalable APIs
- GCP hands-on experience a plus
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- Help design & architect software for a range of services and systems
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a CI/CD environment
- Create and maintain internal documentation
- Experience with database query languages, both SQL and NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, OracleDB, etc.)
- GCP hands-on experience (GKE, Cloud Build, Cloud SQL, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, BigTable/BigQuery, IAM, KSM, Container Registry)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes multi-cluster communication, service meshes, control plane and ingress controllers
- Good knowledge of Git and CI/CD best practices
- Good knowledge of unit testing and end-to-end testing
- Good knowledge of Scrum and RAD
- Proficient in English; any other language a plus
- High integrity and openness combined with a commitment to excellence
- Hands-on mentality and entrepreneurial mindset; known to roll up your sleeves to deliver alongside your team
- Competitive salary
- 30 days’ annual leave per year