About the Arabesque Group
Welcome to the Arabesque Group, a global group of fintech companies providing a range of sustainable investment and data services from its offices around the world. Established in 2013, the Arabesque Group has a founding mission to help mainstream sustainability across capital markets. We believe economic value creation can and should be combined with environmental stewardship, social inclusion and sound governance. Through our group of companies, we combine data and AI to deliver sustainable, transparent financial solutions for our changing world.
About Arabesque S-Ray GmbH
Arabesque S-Ray GmbH is a global financial services company that focuses on advisory and data solutions by combining big data and ESG metrics to assess the performance and sustainability of publicly listed companies worldwide.
Headquartered in Frankfurt and with offices in London, Boston and Singapore, Arabesque S-Ray empowers investors, corporates and other stakeholders across the world to make more sustainable decisions. The firm’s evolution is a story of partnership between leaders in finance, mathematics, data science and sustainability working together to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable future.
We’re looking for a software engineer to bolster the strength of our engineering team. As a senior software engineer, you love to be hands-on with the development projects, but are also an inspiring mentor to our junior developers. Your main responsibility will be to improve our product and advisory offering by building a set of highly available and scalable APIs for our clients. Additionally, you will be involved in setting up and maintaining additional cloud infrastructure, as well as various other engineering tasks (database, networking, etc.) to serve our urgent business needs. As the technical lead for one or multiple products, you will ensure technical and architectural continuity, work with the business lead on scoping and sizing questions, and proactively manage engineering capacity (through hiring or working with third-party developers) to ensure timely delivery to our clients.
- At least 6 years of experience as a full-stack software engineer
- Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Developing and deploying containerised, reliable, highly available and scalable APIs
- Significant project management experience, working with external clients / consultants
- Help design and architect software for a range of services and systems
- Scoping and sizing of projects, and ensuring or sourcing the needed capacity to complete them
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- Provide guidance to and sharing best practices with junior team members
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a CI/CD environment
- Create and maintain internal documentation
- Experience with database query languages, both SQL and NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, OracleDB, etc.)
- GCP hands-on experience (GKE, Cloud Build, Cloud SQL, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, BigTable/BigQuery, IAM, KSM, Container Registry)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes multi-cluster communication, service meshes, control plane and ingress controllers
- Good knowledge of Git and CI/CD best practices
- Good knowledge of unit testing and end-to-end testing
- Good knowledge of Scrum and RAD
- Proficient in English; any other language a plus
- High integrity and openness combined with a commitment to excellence
- Hands-on mentality and entrepreneurial mindset; known to roll up your sleeves to deliver alongside your team
- Competitive salary
- 30 days’ annual leave per year