About the Arabesque Group
Welcome to the Arabesque Group, a global group of fintech companies providing a range of sustainable investment and data services from its offices around the world. Established in 2013, the Arabesque Group has a founding mission to help mainstream sustainability across capital markets. We believe economic value creation can and should be combined with environmental stewardship, social inclusion and sound governance. Through our group of companies, we combine data and AI to deliver sustainable, transparent financial solutions for our changing world.
About Arabesque S-Ray GmbH
Arabesque S-Ray GmbH is a global financial services company that focuses on advisory and data solutions by combining big data and ESG metrics to assess the performance and sustainability of publicly listed companies worldwide.
Headquartered in Frankfurt and with offices in London, Boston and Singapore, Arabesque S-Ray empowers investors, corporates and other stakeholders across the world to make more sustainable decisions. The firm’s evolution is a story of partnership between leaders in finance, mathematics, data science and sustainability working together to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable future.
Team and Reporting Line
You will report to the CTO at Arabesque S-Ray.
S-Ray’s Technology Office is expanding and is looking for a Data Scientist Lead to bolster the strength of our Engineering team. We are a team of developers, data engineers and data scientists focusing on the internals of S-Ray: from data ingestion to calculation and delivery, as well as a number of platforms and tools that help us to collect and make sense of sustainability data. We’re a young and dynamic team building technology in a fast-paced environment. As a Data Scientist Lead, you love to be hands-on with the development projects, but are also an inspiring mentor to our associates. A key responsibility includes improving our product offering by building a set of highly available and scalable production models with a strong focus towards Natural Language Processing. You will be responsible in making our Engineering team more efficient by researching and implementing new techniques and methods. Additionally, you will be involved in setting up and maintaining additional cloud infrastructure to support the architecture required to serve our production model-dependent applications.
- Implement best practice around data collection using state-of-the-art NLP techniques to drive enhancements of our product portfolio (Classification, Question-Answer, Entity Recognition, Text Summarisation, Sentiment Analysis, etc.)
- Identify opportunities to improve our end-customer experience across our products and services using machine learning methods
- Create algorithms to extract information from large datasets
- Deploy production-ready models to serve clients in real-time
- Provide guidance to and sharing best practices with junior team members
- Maintain current knowledge of the AI technology landscape, and be able to identify emerging methods or technologies and best practices
- 5+ years or more of experience working in the machine learning field, building AI/ML-based products/platforms/solutions with a focus on NLP (experience with Transfer Learning and Deep Learning is a plus, especially transformers and saliency/feature attribution methods)
- Experience developing sizeable production-grade, performant, scalable applications in Python
- Experience working with cloud computing technologies (GCP is a plus), including training models in the cloud and deploying models via web-services
- Experience designing (and interfacing with) both SQL and NoSQL databases; knowledge of graph databases is a plus
- Advanced Python knowledge and familiarity with frameworks like Keras, PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Advanced knowledge in Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques
- Docker & Kubernetes skills
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) techniques
- Experience with version control systems, e.g. Git
- Scrum and Rapid Prototyping
- English proficiency
- MSc/PhD in Machine Learning/Data Science related field or equivalent work experience
- High integrity and openness combined with a commitment to excellence
- Hands-on mentality and entrepreneurial mindset; known to roll up your sleeves to deliver alongside your team
- Competitive salary
- 30 days’ annual leave per year
Arabesque is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. At Arabesque we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or status as an individual with a disability.