Founded in 2016 by food-lovers and serial entrepreneurs JP and Alex, allplants is an award-winning planet-positive food brand and VC-backed B-Corp with over 100 employees on a mission to build Earth’s most forward-thinking food company, operating out of Blackhorse Road, London.
Eating plants is the most impactful way to reduce your environmental footprint, so our mission is to inspire the next billion plant-powered people, combining exciting flavours and luxe convenience. We’ve already served over 900,000 meals to homes all over the UK, subscribing for an easier way to enjoy plant-based living. Our plans for 2020 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious - with big growth plans involving both new products and new distribution.
We are proudly a London Living Wage employer!
We are proudly a B-corp, considering planet and people alongside profit.
This Senior Software Engineer role is an essential addition to the allplants Engineering team; you will take a leading role in defining, creating and owning key Python-based systems and bring essential expertise into our team to help us continue to create sector-leading digital experiences.
Our Python API and platform are integral to our business. In the coming months we will extend that API to provide more functionality to frontend services, overhaul our data infrastructure, create new microservices, and continue to level-up our dev-ops, scalability and security.
You will be reporting into Barney Jackson, our Head of Engineering. You can find out a bit more about him here and here.
The salary for this role is based on our internal frame work and is £50,000 to £65,000 depending on experience
have ownership throughout.
• Be hands-on with Python services crucial to allplants’ day-to-day functioning
• Coordinate the planning, execution and release of projects, working closely with the Product team
• Take a leading role in developing strategy for our APIs, data infrastructure, and integrations
be a team player.
• Work in cross-functional squads with frontend engineers, Product and Marketing to iteratively create sector-leading digital experiences
• Use your expertise to coach junior engineers and level-up our team
• Contribute to hiring and further building out our team of top-notch engineers
• Define how we monitor our API and platform and maintain excellent uptime
• Help us refine our existing development and team processes to work even smarter
• A pathway into managerial responsibilities and/or continued individual contribution
what you’ll need.
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast. You’ll be a great fit here if you [are/have]:
Must haves *
- At least 4 years of experience working with Python APIs
- Master of at least one Python web/API framework
- Confident with a common SQL DB, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Ability to effectively trade-off quality and execution speed
- Desire to share knowledge and enable others
- Experience working in microservice architecture
- Bonus points for experience building APIs in Flask