Founded in 2016 by food-lovers and serial entrepreneurs JP and Alex, allplants is an award-winning planet-positive food brand and VC-backed B-Corp with over 100 employees on a mission to build Earth’s most forward-thinking food company, operating out of Blackhorse Road, London.
Eating plants is the most impactful way to reduce your environmental footprint, so our mission is to inspire the next billion plant-powered people, combining exciting flavours and luxe convenience. We’ve already served over 900,000 meals to homes all over the UK, subscribing for an easier way to enjoy plant-based living. Our plans for 2020 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious - with big growth plans involving both new products and new distribution.
We are proudly a London Living Wage employer!
We are proudly a B-corp, considering planet and people alongside profit.
The allplants website is integral to our business. In the coming months we have several green-field projects to rebuild major parts of our digital experience, and have many iterative experiments to increase conversion rate.
You will be reporting into Barney Jackson, our Head of Engineering. You can find out a bit more about him here and here.
The salary for this role is based on our internal frame work and is £45,000 to £55,000 depending on experience
have ownership throughout.
• Get hands-on and build amazing things that will wow our customers
• Coordinate the planning, execution and release of projects, working closely with the Product team
be a team player.
• Work in cross-functional squads with the platform engineers, Product and Marketing to iteratively create sector-leading digital experiences
• Use your expertise to coach junior engineers and level-up our team
• Contribute to hiring and further building out our team of top-notch engineers
• Help us refine our existing development and team processes to work even smarter
• A pathway into managerial responsibilities and/or continued individual contribution
what you’ll need.
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast. You’ll be a great fit here if you [are/have]:
- Mastery of a selection of modern frameworks such as React.js and Next.js
- Excellent understanding of working with REST and GraphQL APIs
- Ability to effectively trade-off quality and execution speed
- Desire to share knowledge and enable others
- A love for the JS ecosystem with a finger on the pulse of the latest developments
- Bonus points for experience with Prismic, Python, or Shopify