What is your opportunity?
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic problem-solver who wants to work in a small, growing, customer centric and highly respected company.
You’ll be joining a friendly team responsible for the creation and operation of the Akoova platform (K-Hosting) where you’ll find many opportunities to apply and refine your operations and development skills.
Nothing you do will go to waste. If something doesn’t work out, we learn from it. If it does, it will quickly find its way to production. Part of the challenge is to move quickly without breaking things, and you’ll help to build the tools and processes to keep that a reality. Building on AWS means we can rapidly evolve the platform, and we’re constantly improving.
You will help Akoova redefine what online retailers should expect from their hosting partner.
- Evolving our shared infrastructure codebase, which powers individual clients’ infrastructure on AWS.
- Building and improving internal tools required to deliver infrastructure changes quickly and safely.
- Applying your problem-solving skills in varied ways, from troubleshooting issues reported by clients, to improving our own working practices.
- Maintaining Akoova’s reputation for excellent service, by effectively handling complex production issues, and helping the team to scale.
- A vital member of a distributed team of devops engineers, in a small company founded by an experienced technical team.
This role participates in our on-call rota (1 week in 6). Improving the on-call experience (by eliminating sources of on-call events, and building tools to aid response) is a responsibility of the entire team.
You are curious - you want to know how things work, and why they don’t. You don’t think “turn it off and on again” is a good solution.
You are not just a cog in a machine - you see opportunities to improve how you work, and want to bring them to life.
You play well with others - you want to be part of a team, helping your peers to improve, and working together to achieve your goals.
You are unsatisfied with the status quo - you believe there’s always room for improvement, and do what you can to achieve it.
You are driven to automate - you are frustrated by repetitive tasks, and know what to do about it.
- Extensive Linux administration experience, including troubleshooting and performance optimisation.
- Extensive production AWS experience, in a multi-account environment.
- Experience operating, scaling, and debugging high-availability websites (load balancing, CDNs, etc)
- Confident automating tasks using scripting tools (bash, plus any better language - we use Python)
- Comfortable using Config Management and Infrastructure as Code tools to achieve reproducible infrastructure.
- Comfortable collaborating in a team using developer tools - git, pull requests, CI/CD
- Strong troubleshooting skills - you’re a person people turn to when something just doesn’t make sense. You work together with others to solve complex problems.
- Excellent written communication skills - for collaboration with customers on Slack, and creating/improving internal documentation.
- Using monitoring and logging tools to identify problems and understand system behaviour.
- Config management / Infrastructure as code - building reusable components, and using them to provide infrastructure for unrelated applications.
- Docker - containerising legacy applications, using sidecars for logging/monitoring.
- Database administration, especially MySQL and using AWS RDS.
- AWS services - IAM, VPC, EC2, ALB, RDS, ECS, Elasticache, Lambda.
- Python programming for internal tools.
- Responsibility for Security / Compliance activities.
- Appreciation for Lean Thinking or Kanban Method.
- General network administration and troubleshooting - routing, firewalls, VPNs, DNS.
- Experience working in consulting, ecommerce, or SaaS.
The hiring process
Initially you will have a telephone conversation with Zac, co-founder and Chief Architect of Akoova, to make sure there is a fit both ways. You will then be interviewed by some team members including Aaron (Lead DevOps) and Ossy (CEO). We see this as a two-way process; we will put you through your technical paces to ensure we are happy with your skills as well as to ensure you are happy with the role's challenges, the purpose of the company and what we are trying to achieve. We’ll arrange a drink/coffee/tea session via Zoom with the rest of the company to get to know each other better. We will be looking for a fit at different levels: cultural, attitude, skills and abilities.
Competitive salary + share options, quality equipment, 25 days annual leave (+ UK bank holidays), optional private medical insurance. See more on our company profile page.
In the before times, we were based in London. We are now a remote-first business, and that's not going to change. We keep a small office in London South Bank for those who want to use it, and look forward to occasional in-person meet-ups when it's sensible.
Note: although this role is remote, we are currently only able to hire UK residents.